Skip to content
BACK TO TOP
Online Courses and Apps
- Russian Course On Duolingo
- Aprus is a service to learn Russian online in a funny and easy way (with audios, images and videos). Students can contact a teacher whenever they need and the first course is free.
- Grand Russian Dictionary – an application that is much more than just a dictionary. Almost each word in the dictionary comes with English translation, its grammatical forms (declensions for nouns and adjectives, conjugations for verbs), word usage and Russian definition. Download the app for Android here. iOS version is coming soon.
- Live Fluent – a community of polyglots and language lovers compiled a free Russian learning resource that tackles some of the more difficult parts of Russian grammar.
- Tandem Language Exchange – an application that helps to find a matching language exchange partner; with the Tandem app, you can connect with native speakers of your target language all over the world and practice by speaking via text, audio message, and video call.
- Russian Accent | Ударения – over 150,000 Russian words with the accent mark in different grammatical forms, + tests; good for native speakers as well as Russian learners.
Textbooks and Reading Books
- Другие by Galina Lang – «Same, same but different» (in Russian «Другие») is a modern tale about the lives of Petersburgers Leonid and Natasha; their skimming boss Nikolai Petrovich and his nephew from Yekaterinburg, Vasili, who arrives to conquer the Northern Capital; and the naive, romantic Anya, who is trying to rekindle the love in her marriage, and dreams of a walk on the rooftops of the city on the Neva. Suitable for beginners, A2-B1 levels.
- Russian Short Stories For Beginners: 20 Captivating Short Stories to Learn Russian & Grow Your Vocabulary the Fun Way! Contemporary Russian, interesting stories, realistic dialogues, a lot of helpful phrases. If you’ve been looking for a book that us appropriate for beginners yet not boring, look no further.
One-on-one Lessons and Tutors
Video Lessons On Youtube
- Amazing Russian – video instructions created by Olga Jarrell, Russian Language and ESL Instructor at Utah Valley University
- Russian Grammar – short videos on essential topics in Russian grammar, presented in a friendly, low-stress way; designed and presented by Dr. Curtis Ford.
- Russian Podcast – with Tatiana Klimova
- Russian with Max – educational and entertaining podcast for Russian learners
- Russian with Dasha – also posts videos on Youtube
- Staroe Radio – Old Soviet radio shows – now digitized. The project offers a free application (App Store, Google Play) that helps navigating the archive and plays the shows It’s a treasure box for learners of Russian – hours and hours of podcasting, and classy, impeccable pronunciation!
- The Naked Pravda – English-language podcast on news portal Meduza; you’ll hear from the world’s community of Russia experts, activists, and reporters about the latest news and important events in Russia.
- Lib.ru – Maksim Moshkov’s Library, one of the first and the most popular online libraries. All the books are free for reading on the website, no download
- Aldebaran – free download (epub, fb2, rtf, mobi, pdf)
- Read Tolstoy online – all 90 volumes! Free download
- Russian Sci-Fi – free download, classic and contemporary writers
- Thank You. Ru – Music and books, “pay what you want” publishing platform for amateur and professional writers